SourceAbled is seeking candidates for a full-time direct hire position as a Technical Associate, Animal Care professional with one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, Pfizer. Be the first to apply to this potential future opportunity!! Your responsibilities will include providing basic husbandry, handling, restraint, and health surveillance of laboratory animals in compliance with federal and local regulatory requirements.
This position is being offered as part of a disability/neurodiversity program which is designed to provide a more inclusive and supportive hiring process and work environment for job seekers with Autism/neurodivergence, and/or disabilities, which includes, but is not limited to autism, ADD/ADHD, PTSD, OCD, Anxiety Disorder, Dyslexia, Bipolar, and Tourette's Syndrome.
· Maintain inventory of animal supplies
· Perform routine animal husbandry duties as directed
· Provide basic technical services (restraint, dose administration, blood collection) to research investigators
· Observe and report status of animal husbandry, food and water consumption, appearance, and behavior
· Provide support in basic veterinary medical treatment as prescribed by the veterinary staff
· Support cage wash equipment operations and maintenance
· Work with all species housed at the site.
May be required to work under one of the following: The United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health Service Policy and/or AAALAC accreditation standards.
· High School Degree or GED
· 1-year related experience
Nice to Have
· Associates Degree or BS/BA
· AALAS Certification preferred
· Experience working with laboratory animals
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
To find out more about Rangam, SourceAbled, and this role, click the apply button.