Job Title: Software Engineer - Python/SQL
Direct hire, full-time permanent opportunity to work for a global IT consultancy and social enterprise employing autistic individuals to work on their clients’ data projects. Professional development and job coach support are provided.
A skilled Software Engineer with expertise in Python and SQL coding is sought to join their team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software applications using Python and SQL.
Must have an official diagnosis of autism or currently undergoing an autism assessment.
You must have between one to three years of experience in a software engineering-related role.
- Develop and maintain software applications using Python and SQL
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Test and debug code to ensure high-quality software applications
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Maintain technical documentation and ensure code quality standards are met
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software engineering, Python, and SQL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 1- 3 years of experience in software development using Python and SQL
- Strong knowledge of software development principles, object-oriented programming, and software design patterns
- Experience with SQL databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
- Familiarity with web frameworks (e.g., Flask, Django)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git, SVN)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Desired but not essential
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization tools (e.g., Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Tableau)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
If you have a passion for software engineering, Python, and SQL, and enjoy working in a collaborative and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Our client provides a friendly and supportive work environment. Due to the differing needs of their clients, they cannot guarantee an entirely remote role, therefore some commuting into London/Edinburgh may be required. They ensure reasonable adjustments are implemented and encourage flexible or hybrid working arrangements where possible.
You must hold the legal right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis without restrictions.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V"
SourceAbled, a proprietary workforce solution powered by Rangam, goes beyond a traditional job placement program. It provides a collaborative,
holistic solution implemented to develop an inclusionary program and a culture of belonging by matching Fortune 500 companies with neurodivergent talent
seeking to build and sustain successful and fulfilling careers. SourceAbled connects individuals with autism, neurodivergence, physical disability,
and a wide range of cognitive differences such as ADHD, autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia, and dyscalculia to apply for jobs with employers in the USA, UK, Ireland,
and India, who are actively seeking talents with disabilities.
SourceAbled facilitates the coordination and management of diverse hiring programs, with a consultative approach, including training, and brings them
to life through digitizing the experience of attracting, onboarding, supporting, and retaining qualified employees with autism and disabilities.
The program uses an end-to-end, tech-enabled hiring program to build a connected inclusive community in the workplace for neurodivergent talent.
It is designed to attract and place qualified job seekers as businesses look to establish, build, and maintain their disability inclusion practices and
establish and nurture a culture of inclusion.
Log in and apply