SourceAbled is searching for Machine Operators for a 2 year assignment to oversee products produced at our client's facility periodically require recartoning and / or additional inspections. This position works under minimal supervision.
POSITION: ReWork Operator
WORK LOCATION: Jacksonville, Florida Deerwood/Baymeadows Zip 32256
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Days)
6:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Days)
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: 2 Years
This position is being offered as part of a disability/neurodiversity program which is designed to provide a more inclusive and supportive hiring process and work environment for job seekers with neurodivergence, which includes, but is not limited to autism, ADD/ADHD, PTSD, OCD, Anxiety Disorder, Dyslexia, Bipolar, and Tourette's Syndrome
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Products produced at the Deerwood Park Manufacturing facility periodically require recartoning and / or additional inspections. This position works under minimal supervision.
• Maintains the WIP inventory in the Rework Department.
• Manually inspects cartons and/or lenses, as necessary, to meet formal specification requirements in order to identify and isolate defects.
• Manually loads arrays into the Rework cartoner machine.
• Fully operates the Rework department cartoner.
• Fully operates a manual pallet jack.
• Case packs finished product to be delivered to the quarantine area.
• Performs many of the responsibilities necessary to operate, troubleshoot, adjust, change-over, and maintain the Rework cartoner.
• Responsible for performing accurate lot changes and documentation.
• Performs routine cleaning and non-routine maintenance.
1. Perform required inspections on product. (20%)
2. Tend to the cartoner operation. (20%)
3. Unload cartoned product and case pack for delivery to quarantine. (20%)
4. Retrieve incoming product from distribution or quarantine and transfer to Rework staging area. (15%)
5. Decarton product that requires array inspection. (10%)
6. Perform necessary lot changes and paperwork. (5%)
7. Assist with destruction of product. (5%)
8. Performs other duties as assigned by management. (5%)
• High school or equivalent required
• Computer skills – Outlook required
• 2 to 4 years manufacturing operations experience preferred.
• Excellent communication, with strong attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Work history establishing dependability and competent job performance.
• Use basic math in a production setting, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, decimals, etc.
• Function in a team environment.
• Operation and basic troubleshooting skills for mechanical equipment.
CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL DEMANDS of JOB:
• Tasks require visual acuity (reading fine print and inspecting lenses and cartons)
• Light lifting (Up to 25 lbs.)
• Attention to detail
• Standing, sitting, bending, stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, grasping, reaching, pushing, talking, other, and repetitive motions (hands and arms)
• Completing paperwork and performing basic math for count reconciliation
• Operates production machinery
• Must be computer literate
• 75-80% Standing-Walking
• Must be quality conscience
• Must have attention to Detail
• Must be a Team Player-works closely with 6-8 employees
• Must wear PPE-Ear Plugs and Lab Coat
• Must be very Safety Conscience
• Must work in Manufacturing atmosphere-busy and noisy
• Must be able to work well with hands-handling small items
• Must be able to perform within production standards
• Continuous Operations work schedule:
6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
• Once started on shift schedule will remain on the shift for 2 years.
• 2 days on 2 days off-3 days on 2 days off
• 34.5 hrs one week- 46.0 hrs one week=10.0 hrs OT
• Must be able to work 2 weekends each month
"An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V"